The Shropshire Sheep Breeders Association have released a Quick Reference Guide to help members manage the pedigree side of their flocks. It lists the key tasks that need to be performed throughout the year to maintain the pedigree status of a Shropshire sheep flock.
It covers the areas of –
- The correct ear tag information and tagging of lambs
- Birth notification of lambs each year
- Registration of previously birth notified sheep
- Actions required on sales, deaths, sending animals to market or for slaughter
- Tupping plans
- The SSBA Annual Flock Return and Membership renewal
The guide is a handy double sided A4 size, so can easily be printed off for reference at any time. A copy will also be sent to all members with the next ShropTalk.
Whilst all pedigree actions can be accomplished using the paper forms available on this website (forms listed on this page), the SSBA recommends that all pedigree recording actions are done online using the Grassroots system. Click here to go the Online Recording System page for full details and instructions.